What does the course cover?
With a platform that evolves at eye popping speed, rolling out new features and algorithm updates on a near daily basis, keeping on top of what works today is increasingly challenging, especially when Facebook is just one of your many responsibilities.
Fast track the very latest insight and best practice into Facebook marketing from one of the UK’s leading Facebook Marketing experts, Marie Page.
Suitable for micro businesses, SMEs, not-for-profits right through to leading brands, we’ll explore masses of content ideas and case studies throughout the day which you can adapt and use in your own sector. Even if you are an old hand at Facebook marketing there will be plenty of new approaches covered to inspire and inform further innovation on the platform.
As well as the very latest new releases from Facebook (of course right now we don’t even know what they will be), this advanced one day course will cover:
Mastering the Facebook News Feed algorithm
- Some Pages see reach as low as 2% of fans – why is this and what can you do about it?
- A guide to NFO (News Feed Optimisation) and the very latest on the News Feed algorithm
- What is the Relevancy Score and what can you do to increase yours?
- Content types – why some content types fly and others nosedive. Getting creative with under-utilised content types
- How to avoid using “trigger words” that result in algorithm penalties
- How to drive up engagement
- When and how you should pay to boost a post for maximum effect
Getting the basics right
- Getting grey or blue tick verified
- Names, categories, about text and Our Story best practice
- Cover image best practice and data capture opportunities
- Use of CTAs
- When and how often to post. Is there a magic time?
- Building fan numbers and converting them to customers
- Are hashtags worth the effort on Facebook?
- Setting up a Shop and Services section on your Page (even if you have nothing to sell)
Engaging on Facebook:
- Facebook Groups – your secret weapon for community building and engagement
- Using Facebook Messenger for customer service and in effective advertising
- Getting competitions right and other tips for staying out of Facebook Jail
- Ideas for increasing fan numbers without resorting to Page Like ads
Creating content for Facebook:
- Ideas for devising new content without the stress
- Developing user generated content and how to repurpose that in other communications for maximum effect
- Best practice for those posts when you do need to sell
- Metadata tricks and tips
- Getting serious about video with Facebook Live, playlists, optimisation and more
- Using photographs well even on zero budget
- Image size best practice
- Understanding the Facebook ads infrastructure
- Prioritising your ads targeting for effective conversion
- Digging into custom audiences and detailed targeting
- The anatomy of an ad that converts
- Using Cialdini’s weapons of persuasion
- A quick look at ads in the context of funnel marketing
- The cost of a low relevance score and how to improve it
- Apps and software to help you manage your Page
- A live guide to Facebook Insights
- Live clinic – looking at your Facebook Page – what can you do to improve?
About Marie Page
Marie Page is a social media communications specialist and co-founder of The Digiterati, a collective of leading digital marketing experts focussed on consultancy and training.
As one of the UK’s leading Facebook marketing experts her book “Winning at Facebook Marketing with Zero Budget” enjoys 5* reviews on Amazon. She is also author of the Smart Insights’ Smarter Guide to Facebook Marketing edited by Dr Dave Chaffey and the Smarter Guide to Facebook Advertising.
Marie is a speaker at conferences such as BrightonSEO as well as numerous podcasts. Her work has been featured in the Huffington Post, the Daily Telegraph, Daily Express and she also writes for Social Media Examiner and recently appeared on ITV’s current affairs show ‘Tonight’ giving an extensive interview about Facebook data privacy and ads targeting.
In addition to her consultancy and training work with The Digiterati, Marie runs an award-winning ecommerce company grown almost entirely through social media and email marketing.
Marie holds a Masters in Digital Marketing (even her award winning research topic was Facebook Marketing), and is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing where she has also worked as an examiner on their digital marketing qualifications.
Register - Brighton Session