This end-to-end Link Building and Outreach course will help you discover what link building is, why it’s important, and how to do it.
We’ll explain how you can adopt a holistic approach, leveraging all disciplines to develop a diverse and optimised backlink portfolio. To achieve this, we’ll run through the full spectrum of link building techniques, offering tactics for content marketing, digital PR, and offsite SEO.
Along the way, we’ll show how we win top-tier coverage that grows brand awareness while conquering the SERPs. Our analysis will delve into the nitty-gritty elements of ranking algorithms, making it clear how your efforts can influence key rankings.
But building links is only one facet of what we do. Equally important is how we frame and present them, communicating their value to stakeholders. We’ll run through real-world case studies and anecdotes to prove this, highlighting our preferred methods.
At the end of the course, you’ll have some vital takeaways: a variety of link building actions, an improved understanding of how modern SEO is done, a bank of outreach templates, and a step-by-step ebook you can use to great effect.
Link building is an ever-evolving discipline, so it’s essential to keep your skills and methods updated. Let’s ensure that your SEO efforts pay off.
Course structure and content
The course covers an end-to-end process for building a variety of link types, exploring the following topics:
Session 1: Introduction to Link Building
- The importance of links.
- The history of link building.
- ROI and making a business case.
- Link theory and analysis.
- Link quality standards.
Session 2: System Setup & Workflow
- Skill sets and team development.
- Toolset and link data sources.
- Project management and processes.
- Running an outreach audit.
- Prospecting, pitching, and publishing.
- Tracking and reporting.
Session 3: Fundamental Tactics
- Pitch techniques and negotiation.
- Content production.
- Foundational links.
- Outreach tactics.
Session 4: Advanced Tactics
- Digital PR tactics.
- Creative asset tactics.
- Detoxing, security, and penalties.
By the end of this course, you’ll know how to do the following:
- Build links that are safe and future-proof.
- Use a range of link building tools.
- Manage link campaigns with templates and workflows.
- Nail your outreach value proposition every time.
- Effectively pitch to journalists, editors, bloggers, and publishers.
- Build a team to scale your work.