David’s interests lie in WordPress, open source and future technology trends. He’s the founder and CEO of Pragmatic – a top-tier WordPress agency globally, which he started in 2012. David loves working with the team at Pragmatic in delivering websites that add real value to businesses, and in turn enjoys sharing his expertise on this topic at international conferences such as WooConf and WordCamp Europe. He has worked in the digital, media and technology sectors for over fifteen years, helping organisations pick apart interesting challenges and create innovative new products.
Who should attend this course?
This course is aimed at those who are already familiar with basic SEO principles, WordPress and the basic principles of content management systems in general.
If you register for one of our training courses you don’t only get a day of in-depth and practical training from some of the industry’s most respected professionals, you also get a ticket to Europe’s biggest specialist SEO event.
100% Money Back Guarantee
There’s simply no worse feeling than putting aside a day out of the office to go to a training course, handing over your cash and a course failing to live up to your expectations.
We do all we possibly can to make our courses the best you’ve attended but if you ever feel we didn’t live up to your expectations, we’ll give you a total refund, no questions asked.
WordPress is the world’s most popular Content Management System (CMS) by a country mile. This training course is designed to help attendees learn advanced technical and content tactics to achieve high-SEO-performing sites.
- Technical walkthrough of advanced features of Yoast SEO plugin
- Technical integrations that aid SEO through on-page presentation (e.g. using 3rd party image AIs to add meta description, open graph data)
- Using structured data / semantic markup in WP and why it’s important (e.g. Schema)
- Technical integrations e.g. AMP, PWA, the importance of SSL
- Site speed optimisation to make sure your site is fast for users across mobile and desktop, including the use of CDNs and services like Cloudflare
- Do’s and don’ts of facet navigation and tips to dealing with advanced navigation
- Site architecture to achieve SEO success (e.g. permalinks, 301 redirects, no-indexing)
- Managing content effectively with tagging and categories
- How to deal with duplicate content and maximising Google crawl budget
- Image optimisation
- Tips for creating an effective content strategy, including tactics and platforms for keyword research (e.g. Moz, SEMrush, https://currents.parsely.com/, Brandwatch), strategies including focusing on search intent, long tail
- How to deal with redundant content or out of stock products
- How to monitor technical SEO issues
- How to monitor competition (e.g. Google Alerts for new (competing) content for certain keywords, third party subscription services like SEMrush)
- A guide to the best tools to monitor the health of your WordPress site
- Essential services: Google Tag Manager inc. Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Web Dev Toolkit
Metrics you should be tracking to measure SEO performance
- Internal links
- External links
- Search visibility
- Keyword density
- Pages indexed & crawl errors
- Content engagement metrics: bounce rate, time on site, pages per visit, organic CTR, exit pages
- Third party metrics: Moz DA & PA, Alexa rank, etc.
Each attendee will be provided with a temporary WordPress install (or they can bring their own) with installed plugins and services necessary to complete the workshop plan
Attendees will also be provided with a link to download/save a “WordPress SEO cheat sheet” with key principles covered off
Please note that one-to-one consultancy and advice on specific SEO issues will not be provided, unless they benefit the broader group (at the trainers’ discretion)
Register - Brighton Session
Why Train with BrightonSEO
Experts, not Trainers
We won’t waste your time sitting you in front of full time trainers who haven’t got their hands dirty for god knows how long; we get experts from different fields of the industry on board to give you the information they know works, not just the theory of what’s supposed to.
Specific, Detailed and Unique
Most training providers are looking for a course they can run month after month, week after week, so they end up being general and catch-all. Not our courses … they’re more detailed and in-depth than you’ll find anywhere else.
You Drive the Agenda
We don’t drive the agenda, you do. Before each training course, we ask what you want to be taught, and we actually listen. All the workshops we run have been selected because they’re the most commonly requested training subjects useful to you.
The group sizes are ideal, more than a handful to offer a bit of diversity and substance to the day, but small enough that the training can remain hands-on and personal, making sure all questions are directly answered.
The Perfect Duration
The day runs from 9.30-4.00 to keep it punchy. Any longer than that and it starts to drag, any shorter and you’re not able to properly sink your teeth into what you’re covering. Don’t worry, you’ll also get plenty of breaks to network.
Proper Food & Drink
There’s a couple of coffee breaks, morning and afternoon, and we also provide a proper lunch. That’s right, we’re talking real food with beer and wine rather than soggy sandwiches or mush slopped from a tray.