Fili Wiese is a renowned technical SEO expert, former Google engineer and was part of the Google Search Quality team. At Search Brothers, he offers SEO consulting services with SEO audits, SEO workshops and successfully recovers websites from Google penalties.
Who should attend this course?
This is an in-depth session into advanced technical SEO, so you’ll need a solid foundation in SEO to get the most out of the session. If you want something a little more introductory, you might want to take a look at our SEO fundamentals training.
What you'll need to bring along
We will provide a notepad and pen but feel free to bring your laptop and a charger if that’s how you prefer to make notes.
NB The training session may overrun, so we recommend you don’t make any plans for straight after the advertised finish time.
If you register for one of our training courses you don’t only get a day of in-depth and practical training from some of the industry’s most respected professionals, you also get a ticket to Europe’s biggest specialist SEO event.
100% Money Back Guarantee
There’s simply no worse feeling than putting aside a day out of the office to go to a training course, handing over your cash and a course failing to live up to your expectations.
We do all we possibly can to make our courses the best you’ve attended but if you ever feel we didn’t live up to your expectations, we’ll give you a total refund, no questions asked.
Join renowned SEO expert and ex-Google engineer Fili Wiese for a practical and advanced course that will build your knowledge of technical and on-page SEO. Over the course of the day, you’ll not only learn about on-page SEO factors but you’ll actually utilise advanced on-page SEO techniques and optimise your site’s SEO signals for Google.
Most importantly, you will walk away with a deeper understanding of how and what to prioritise when it comes to technical SEO and why.
Detailed Course Outline:
Topics covered will include a ton of best practices and SEO tips on:
- How search works and why crawlability is important
- How canonicals work, why you need them and how not to use them
- How not to screw up your international SEO settings with, among others, HREFLANG
- Why Structured Data (Schema) is important and how to get the maximum benefits out of implementing it
- How to avoid duplicate content and improve the overall content of your website
- How and why to set up your URL parameters
- Practical ways to speed up your website
- How to utilise your server logs for SEO
- How your internal linking structure may be holding you back
- How to manage your crawl budget efficiently
- How to make sure your website is prepared for Google’s mobile index and mobile crawling
- How to monitor your desktop and mobile search rankings & performance
- Which parts of Google Search Console are important to get right
In addition, during the session we are likely to discuss best practices and SEO tips for:
- How to audit your website
- Which SEO tools are worth using from a technical SEO perspective
- Mobile vs Desktop search
- Mobile SEO opportunities
- HTTPS and how to take advantage of a unique opportunity to significantly increase your rankings
- AMP, PWAs and SEO
- Easy fixes and SEO tips to improve your rankings
Register - London Session Register - Brighton Session
Why Train with BrightonSEO
Experts, not Trainers
We won’t waste your time sitting you in front of full time trainers who haven’t got their hands dirty for god knows how long; we get experts from different fields of the industry on board to give you the information they know works, not just the theory of what’s supposed to.
Specific, Detailed and Unique
Most training providers are looking for a course they can run month after month, week after week, so they end up being general and catch-all. Not our courses … they’re more detailed and in-depth than you’ll find anywhere else.
You Drive the Agenda
We don’t drive the agenda, you do. Before each training course, we ask what you want to be taught, and we actually listen. All the workshops we run have been selected because they’re the most commonly requested training subjects useful to you.
The group sizes are ideal, more than a handful to offer a bit of diversity and substance to the day, but small enough that the training can remain hands-on and personal, making sure all questions are directly answered.
The Perfect Duration
The day runs from 9.30-4.00 to keep it punchy. Any longer than that and it starts to drag, any shorter and you’re not able to properly sink your teeth into what you’re covering. Don’t worry, you’ll also get plenty of breaks to network.
Proper Food & Drink
There’s a couple of coffee breaks, morning and afternoon, and we also provide a proper lunch. That’s right, we’re talking real food with beer and wine rather than soggy sandwiches or mush slopped from a tray.