Maria has been working on SEO for over 6 years. She joined Builtvisible early in 2017 where she works as a Senior SEO Consultant. She is most passionate about the technical side of SEO and specialises in website speed optimisation and eCommerce SEO. She enjoys speaking at conferences and delivering training about all things SEO.
Who should attend this course?
This course is designed for people who already have a basic understanding of SEO and want to enhance and improve their e-commerce website visibility in the organic search listings. It is ideal for anyone who has daily responsibilities or oversees an e-commerce website, and is looking to improve their ability to grow their inbound search engine traffic, boost online conversions and stand out in today’s competitive online marketplace.
If you register for one of our training courses you don’t only get a day of in-depth and practical training from some of the industry’s most respected professionals, you also get a ticket to Europe’s biggest specialist SEO event.
100% Money Back Guarantee
There’s simply no worse feeling than putting aside a day out of the office to go to a training course, handing over your cash and a course failing to live up to your expectations.
We do all we possibly can to make our courses the best you’ve attended but if you ever feel we didn’t live up to your expectations, we’ll give you a total refund, no questions asked.
Search engine traffic is key to the success of an e-commerce website. With user behaviour changing daily and algorithms continuously updating, it is difficult to stand out in today’s competitive online marketplace. In this course we want to help you understand how to keep search engines happy without compromising the user experience.
But optimising an e-commerce website for SEO has a unique set of challenges that differ from other types of sites. In this course, we will look at the different elements of SEO that apply specifically to revenue generating websites. You’ll get practical and in-depth understanding of the best SEO strategies for e-commerce websites, as well as actionable tips and techniques that you can apply immediately to your site.
Complexities of optimising e-commerce websites:
- How SEO differs from e-commerce to other types of websites
- Common challenges with e-commerce SEO optimisation
The importance of Content & SEO:
- What are the issues with duplicated content?
- How can I find duplicate or low quality content on my website?
- How do we tackle duplicate and thin content?
- How can I make room for content in my page templates?
- Hidden and thin content on PLPs
- Category pages: optimising category pages for search engines and users
- Product pages: optimising product pages for search engines and users
Keyword research: where your strategy starts:
- How to perform keyword research for ecommerce
- How to find keywords for ecommerce product and category pages
- How to choose keywords for ecommerce product and category pages
Site architecture & faceted navigation:
- Ecommerce website architecture
- Faceted navigation
- The difference between using filters to narrow down product listings and creating unique landing pages for products
- When to use filters and when to create listings
- Understand links and how to develop an optimised internal linking structure
Dealing with out of stock items: retirement product strategies:
- How an out of stock product can interrupt a consumer’s journey through a site
- When and how to redirect an out of stock product
- The importance of messaging around out of stock products
- Understanding links and SEO
- (Alternative) link targeting opportunities
- Most linked-to product pages from the real world
- What makes a good link?
What you’ll gain from this course:
You’ll get practical and in-depth understanding of the best SEO strategies for e-commerce websites, as well as actionable tips and techniques that you can apply immediately to your site.
Register - Online Session
Why Train with BrightonSEO
Experts, not Trainers
We won’t waste your time sitting you in front of full time trainers who haven’t got their hands dirty for god knows how long; we get experts from different fields of the industry on board to give you the information they know works, not just the theory of what’s supposed to.
Specific, Detailed and Unique
Most training providers are looking for a course they can run month after month, week after week, so they end up being general and catch-all. Not our courses … they’re more detailed and in-depth than you’ll find anywhere else.
You Drive the Agenda
We don’t drive the agenda, you do. Before each training course, we ask what you want to be taught, and we actually listen. All the workshops we run have been selected because they’re the most commonly requested training subjects useful to you.
The group sizes are ideal, more than a handful to offer a bit of diversity and substance to the day, but small enough that the training can remain hands-on and personal, making sure all questions are directly answered.
The Perfect Duration
The day runs from 9.30-4.00 to keep it punchy. Any longer than that and it starts to drag, any shorter and you’re not able to properly sink your teeth into what you’re covering. Don’t worry, you’ll also get plenty of breaks to network.
Proper Food & Drink
There’s a couple of coffee breaks, morning and afternoon, and we also provide a proper lunch. That’s right, we’re talking real food with beer and wine rather than soggy sandwiches or mush slopped from a tray.