Nikki is a Digital Analyst at Rocketmill and also the founder of Future Insight Analytics and specialises in training Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager & Digital Marketing.
Who should attend this course?
This course is specifically designed for marketers with no prior experience of GA. If you’re confident working your way around the platform and want to take your understanding of GA to the next level we recommend checking out our Advanced GA course instead.
If you register for one of our training courses you don’t only get a day of in-depth and practical training from some of the industry’s most respected professionals, you also get a ticket to Europe’s biggest specialist SEO event.
100% Money Back Guarantee
There’s simply no worse feeling than putting aside a day out of the office to go to a training course, handing over your cash and a course failing to live up to your expectations.
We do all we possibly can to make our courses the best you’ve attended but if you ever feel we didn’t live up to your expectations, we’ll give you a total refund, no questions asked.
Hands-on and specifically designed for GA newbies, in this course you’ll learn Google’s best practice for setting up, getting around, managing and reporting on your GA account. By the end of the day, you’ll have the basics down and be comfortable using this industry-standard analytics tool.
Detailed Course Overview:
Bring your laptop, we’ve got coffee. Here are the key sections:
10:00 – 11:30 Orientation
- Objectives – how GA works, who it’s for and what it can do
- Governance – We’ll cover GA Account ownership and management, User Access and essential documentation to safeguard your data
- Planning – An introduction to Analytics Measurement. Here you’ll begin to define what success looks like (for you) and avoid ending up lost in a GA data forest. Less is more.
- Getting around the GA Interface – Key reports, how to find them and how to use GAs tools to drill down deeper into your data
11:30 – 11:45 Coffee Break
11:45 – 13:00 Account Set Up 1
- Account Structure – How GA fits together: Accounts, Properties, Views, Filters, Goals, E-commerce, Segments and other key terminology
- Account Setup – You’ll be learning the 9 simple steps to setting up GA like a pro. We’ll walk you through setting some of these up on your own GA Account.
13:00 – 14:00 Lunch
14:00 – 16:00 Account Set Up 2 / Reporting
- Campaign Tagging Primer – How to track emails, social, other digital channels not tracked out of the box in GA
- Account Reporting – Key reports including E-commerce, Goals, Devices, Channels, Campaigns, Goals, Landing Pages
- Account Reporting – You’ll find out how to (and be adding) Custom Dashboards and Custom Reports too
- GA Resources – a ton of useful, actionable resources to enable you to gracefully move from hero to analytics ninja
- Q&A – Your chance to ask any GA questions
Register - Brighton Session
Why Train with BrightonSEO
Experts Not Trainers
We won’t waste your time sitting you in front of full time trainers who haven’t gotten their hands dirty for god knows how long; we get experts from different fields of the industry on board to give you the information they know works, not just the theory of what’s supposed to.
Specific, Detailed and Unique
Most training providers are looking for a course they can run month after month, week after week, so they end up being general and catch-all. Not our courses … they’re more detailed and in-depth than you’ll find anywhere else.
You Drive the Agenga
We don’t drive the agenda, you do. Before each training course we ask what you want to be taught, and we actually listen. All the workshops we run have been selected because they’re the most commonly requested training subjects useful to you.
The group sizes are ideal, more than a hand full to offer a bit of diversity and substance to the day, but small enough that the training can remain hands on and personal, making sure all questions are directly answered.
The Perfect Duration
The day runs from 9.30-4.00 to keep it punchy. Any longer than that and it starts to drag, any shorter and you’re not able to properly sink your teeth into what you’re covering. Don’t worry, you’ll also get plenty of breaks to network.
Proper Food & Drink
There’s a couple of coffee breaks, morning and afternoon, and we also provide a proper lunch. That’s right, we’re talking real food with beer and wine rather than soggy sandwiches or mush slopped from a tray.