Charlie is the Strategist for the team at Screaming Frog, the agency famous for the SEO Spider and Log File Analyser. Also an independent consultant, he’s a search veteran that’s worked just about every kind of job in SEO.
Who should attend this course?
This course is best suited to you if you have a fundamental understanding of technical SEO and want to better understand how search engines visit, and understand your site. It’s also a great course for junior and intermediate digital marketing teams agency-side who are looking improve their technical SEO understanding.
If you register for one of our training courses you don’t only get a day of in-depth and practical training from some of the industry’s most respected professionals, you also get a ticket to Europe’s biggest specialist SEO event.
100% Money Back Guarantee
There’s simply no worse feeling than putting aside a day out of the office to go to a training course, handing over your cash and a course failing to live up to your expectations.
We do all we possibly can to make our courses the best you’ve attended but if you ever feel we didn’t live up to your expectations, we’ll give you a total refund, no questions asked.
Learn how to use website crawlers and log file analysers to make results-oriented SEO decisions backed up by data, not hunches.
Charlie Williams of Screaming Frog will lead this visual and highly practical session that will build your ability to understand, and improve, how search engines crawl and index your site.
Detailed Course Outline:
During this jam-packed day we’ll look at:
- Why understanding how a search engine crawls your site can inform any SEO campaign
- How to assess your content’s accessibility to search engine spiders
- What prevents search engines from understanding some websites
- How to audit your site architecture and internal link structure to optimise the way your site is crawled
- How to manage crawl budget, and if it is something you should worry about
- Why search engines hungrily explore some pages and ignore others
- How using a combination of the new Search Console Index Coverage report, log file analysis and a crawl of your site gives you a complete view of how a search engine is interacting with your content
- How to mimic the way Google ‘sees’ your content through page rendering
- How to learn lessons from existing organic traffic and use this insight to generate more
- What the crawling and indexing of your site can show us about potential content quality issues
- How to correlate changes made on your website to results
Ultimately, you’ll leave with a better understanding of the tools and skills needed to manage how the search engines visit your site, plus how crawl, indexing and log file analysis can help build your SEO roadmap.
Register - Brighton Session
Why Train with BrightonSEO
Experts Not Trainers
We won’t waste your time sitting you in front of full time trainers who haven’t gotten their hands dirty for god knows how long; we get experts from different fields of the industry on board to give you the information they know works, not just the theory of what’s supposed to.
Specific, Detailed and Unique
Most training providers are looking for a course they can run month after month, week after week, so they end up being general and catch-all. Not our courses … they’re more detailed and in-depth than you’ll find anywhere else.
You Drive the Agenga
We don’t drive the agenda, you do. Before each training course we ask what you want to be taught, and we actually listen. All the workshops we run have been selected because they’re the most commonly requested training subjects useful to you.
The group sizes are ideal, more than a hand full to offer a bit of diversity and substance to the day, but small enough that the training can remain hands on and personal, making sure all questions are directly answered.
The Perfect Duration
The day runs from 9.30-4.00 to keep it punchy. Any longer than that and it starts to drag, any shorter and you’re not able to properly sink your teeth into what you’re covering. Don’t worry, you’ll also get plenty of breaks to network.
Proper Food & Drink
There’s a couple of coffee breaks, morning and afternoon, and we also provide a proper lunch. That’s right, we’re talking real food with beer and wine rather than soggy sandwiches or mush slopped from a tray.